As a result of the public health incident that the world is going through due to the Coronavirus pandemic, it is just natural that attitudes of fear towards touch arise. Thus, it is more important than ever that digital solutions offer alternatives to touch. These solutions should allow touch interaction, but also offer alternative options to achieve the same goals.
For example, it is possible to create an interactive solution that responds to touch but that additionally reacts when a person approaches, and then invites them to read a QR code with their smartphone and thus interact with the solution. In this way the person interacts with the screen without direct touch and, is able to access to an interactive solution that can be used 24/7 (in shop windows for example).
Some technologies we use for alternative touch interactions:
- QR codes – interaction with digital content using a smartphone, activated by scanning a QR code
- Beacons – possibility to identify products or receive notifications when close to certain areas
- RFID / NFC reading -similar tobeacons, allows you to identify products and objects with smart tags
- Voice activation – interaction through speech synthesis and recognition, compatibility with Alexa or Google Home systems
- Motion and proximity sensors – allows you to draw the attention of people passing by and attract them to direct interaction
- Interaction based on demographic data – presentation of specific contentconsideringthe user’s gender or age